HP Officejet 5255
Now, attaining high-quality prints is not a big deal with OJ 5255 printer. Its input paper tray can handle a maximum of 100 sheets, 10 envelopes, and 40 cards. The output paper tray of this printer handles 25 sheets. It has borderless printing and automatic duplex printing features.
The HP 5255 printer delivers prints at a speed of 10 ppm for black (ISO) and 7 ppm for color (ISO). For printing, its resolution is 4800 x 1200 optimized dpi color. However, for copy, its resolution is 600 x 300 dpi.To use this printer, its first-time setup must be perfect. For the first time HP 5255 printer setup, follow the steps below
HP Officejet 5255 Printer Setup and Installation
Here is the general procedure for HP OJ 5255 printer setup and installation:
HP Officejet 5255 Printer Unboxing
- Open the printer cover.
- Take the HP 5255 printer and place it on a plain surface.
- Tear off the printer outer coverings safely.
- Then, tear off the printer inner coverings.
HP Officejet 5255 Printer Cartridge Setup
- Open the ink cartridges slots.
- Remove the OJ 5255 ink cartridge coverings.
- Then, install the ink cartridges into the slots.
- Close the OJ 5255 ink cartridge slots.
HP Officejet 5255 Paper Loading
- Open the HP 5255 printer paper tray.
- Place compatible papers on the printer tray.
- Align the papers on the printer tray.
- Close the HP 5255 printer tray.
- Continue with the driver installation to complete the HP Officejet 5255 setup process.
How to Download Compatible HP Officejet 5255 Driver?
Here are the instructions for HP Officejet 5255 driver download:
- Activate the Windows/Mac computer.
- Know the accurate OS version of the computer.
- Search for HP Officejet 5255 driver compatible with your OS from the website 123.hp.com/setup 5255.
- Download the same driver file on the computer.
How to Install OJ 5255 Driver on Windows and Mac?
Setting up HP OJ 5255 driver on the Windows computer is easy with the steps below:
- Turn ON the Windows computer.
- Access the folder where you saved the latest version driver file.
- After that, open the driver file and run the setup.
- Proceed with the driver setup procedure on the screen.
- Finish HP Officejet 5255 driver setup on Windows device.
Install the OJ 5255 driver on the Mac device using the below steps:
- Power up the Mac operating system.
- Search for suitable printer driver from the website 123.hp.com/oj5255.
- Move on to the folder where the driver file is there.
- Run the HP 5255 driver file and continue with the wizard steps.
- Select a connection setup mode when the wizard asks.
- Complete HP 5255 driver installation on Mac device.
How To Setup HP Officejet 5255 Driver Using CD?
Set up HP Officejet 5255 driver using the driver CD with the following steps:
- Take the CD and confirm it has no problem.
- Activate the desired computer and open its CD tray.
- Keep the CD and close the tray.
- When the CD begins loading, continue with the procedure on the screen.
- Finish the OJ 5255 driver installation on your computer.
How to Connect the HP OJ 5255 Printer and Computer Wirelessly?
The steps for doing wireless connection between HP 5255 printer and computer are:
- Power up the Mac or Windows device.
- Check the internet of your device and confirm that it is stable.
- Then, activate the OJ 5255 printer and choose “Setup” on the printer panel.
- Choose the network setup menu and select the wireless setup option.
- When you see the Wi-Fi networks on the printer panel, choose your preferred one.
- Continue and finish HP Officejet 5255 wireless setup.
How to Connect HP Officejet 5255 Using a USB Cable?
Connect the HP 5255 printer and device with a USB cord using the wizard steps:
- Get an undamaged USB and take it out from the cover.
- Power up the HP 5255 printer and computer.
- Now, connect the USB cord to the computer.
- Connect the same USB cord’s other end to the printer.
- Find the suitable printer software and download it on the computer.
- Install the software using the procedure on the device screen.
- Add your OJ 5255 printer to the device with the wizard steps.
HP Officejet 5255 Printer Troubleshooting
HP Officejet 5255 Paper jams
The procedure to solve the Officejet 5255 paper jam problem is:
- Switch ON the OJ 5255 printer.
- Access the HP 5255 paper tray.
- Now, take the sheets properly from the printer tray.
- Ensure that the papers are compatible and do not have any problems.
- Now, keep the sheets on the HP printer tray again.
If the HP 5255 printer is still having a paper jam issue, contact our team.
If still, your HP printer is not online, then access the Devices and Printers section again on the device. Then, choose your printer name two times and cancel the print tasks that are ongoing. After that, remove the papers jammed from the OJ 5255 printer and print a file.
HP Officejet 5255 Printer Offline
The step-by-step instructions for fixing the OJ 5255 printer offline problem are:
- Restart the desired computer and HP Officejet 5255 printer.
- Now, Off the Wi-Fi router and power it up after some time.
- After that, check the printer to confirm the printer has become online.
- If the HP 5255 printer is not online, then move on to your device.
- Go to the computer folder- Devices and Printers.
- When you see your HP 5255 printer, right-click on it.
- Choose “Use Printer Online” from the list of options given on the screen.
Call our customer care team if you require any additional support.
HP Officejet 5255 Printer Not Printing Color or Black Ink
HP 5255 printer not printing black or color ink? No problem. Here is the procedure to solve it.
- Access the desired computer and remove the OJ 5255 printer from it.
- Then, remove HP Officejet 5255 driver from the computer.
- Download the upgraded HP 5255 driver version.
- Use the on-screen instructions and install the printer driver.
- Then, set up your OJ 5255 printer again on the computer.
- Clean the printer print head.
- Check the ink cartridges and confirm everything is precise.
If the same problem still shows, then contact our team.
HP Officejet 5255 printer driver is unavailable for windows.
- Turn on the printer.
- Make sure the connection is stable.
- Link the system and the printer to the same network.
- Turn ON the windows.
- Press the Windows button and the ‘R’ key simultaneously
- Access the run dialogue box.
- Click the enter button and open the device manager.
- Press the HP printer from the available list.
- Find the HP printer and right-click on it to uninstall.
- Download the latest version of the HP printer driver.
- Extract it for installations.
- Once after installing, restart the computer.
- Download and install HP smart app.
- Access the HP smart app
- Click the plus symbol to add the printer.
- Choose any file and start printing.
HP Officejet 5255 printer driver is unavailable for MAC
- Turn ON the MAC device.
- Click the apple icon > system preference> printer and scanners.
- Click the HP printer and reset the printing system.
- Enter the administrator name and password.
- Press the OK button.
- Press the plus symbol and follow the on screen directions.
- Click the HP printer to re-add the printer.
If the same problem still shows, then contact our team.