When the HP Envy 7640 printer won’t connect to the wifi connection, a few steps will have to be followed to resolve the issue. Some of the common issues that an HP user could face because of the wifi connection are a connectivity issue or a weak connection. Use the below steps to assist in the process of resolving the HP Envy 7640 printer not connecting to the wifi connections.
Check the wifi connection
- Make sure the wireless connection is active and stable.
- If there is instability in the connection, there could be an issue while connecting.
- Make sure the wireless connection is functioning at the right speed.
- Complete a speed check to ensure the speed at which the wifi is functioning.
Place the printer and the device close
- The HP Envy 7640 printer and the router should be placed close.
- If the printer and the router are far, there could be a connectivity issue.
- The printer and the router will be out of range therefore, connecting it will be an issue.
- Make sure the printer and the device are placed close.
Restart the HP Envy 7640 printer wireless connection
- Move over to the wifi router. Press and hold the power button.
- Ensure all the LED lights are turned off.
- Remove the router from the power supply.
- Allow the printer to remain idle for a few minutes.
- Connect the router back and give it a few minutes.
Connect the HP Envy 7640 printer to the wifi
- Use the WPS method to connect the printer and the wifi.
- Locate the WPS button on the router. It will be found on the rear end of the printer.
- Press and hold the WPS button down for a few seconds.
- At the same time, the WPS button should be activated on the printer.
- For this, move over to the printer and choose the wireless settings.
- Locate the WPS button and click it.
- The connection between the HP Envy 7640 printer and the wifi is complete.
Despite following these instructions there still seems to be an issue with the printer and the wireless connection. Contact us for further assistance to resolve the HP Envy 7640 printer issue. Our professionals will provide handheld assistance to resolve the printer issues.