How to fix HP printer wont print issue?
HP printer is not printing is an error due to the following reasons:
- An outdated or missing driver
- Faulty network connection
- Configuration problems in Windows and more
Even a paper jam and cartridge emptiness will refrain your HP printer from printing. Below are some of the solutions to fix your HP printer problems at ease:
- Check HP printer status
- Cancel all the print jobs of your HP printer
- Set your HP printer model to default
- Troubleshoot your HP printer
- Update the HP printer driver software
Let’s get started with fixing the HP printer problem at ease.
Solution 1: Check HP printer status
- Keep the input paper tray free from the paper jam and paper clots. Clear the paper jam and clean the print heads before stuffing the printing sheets.
- Now, go to the cartridges and check the toner level. If the toner is empty, replace the toner of your printer. Always use only genuine HP ink cartridges.
Solution 2: Cancel all the print jobs of your HP printer
- Go to the control panel settings present on your Windows PC.
- Click on the devices and printers menu and find your HP printer model.
- Right-click your printer and check the printing jobs assigned to your printer.
- Now, tap on the cancel all documents menu and click yes to confirm.
Solution 3: Set your HP printer model to default
- Go to the control panel of the Windows PC and tap on the settings button.
- Click on the devices and printers menu and go to your printer model.
- Right-click on your printer model and click on the set my printer default option.
- Now, reboot your printer and check if your printer is the default printer.
Solution 4: Troubleshoot your HP printer
- At first, check if the network signal is stable and without interruptions.
- Now, check if your PC and the HP printer uses the same Wi-Fi.
- Check if your printer driver is compatible with the Windows PC.
- Look at whether you have an updated driver and OS on your PC.
- Try to resolve the printer problem by rebooting your HP printer, PC, and router.
- Disconnect the power cord and USB cable from your HP printer and PC.
- After 30 seconds, reconnect the power cable and the USB cable.
- Now, try taking a test printout and look at whether your printer is error-free.
- For more HP Printer Troubleshooting steps check the link.
Solution 5: Update the HP printer driver software
- Go to the Windows settings and find your HP printer model.
- Tap on the update software menu and wait for some time.
- The Windows PC will detect the latest driver and install them.
- Else, go to an official HP website and find a compatible HP driver.
- Download the driver and follow an installer to install the driver.
All these steps will help resolve the printer problem. Now, try printing a file from your HP printer. If you find a persisting error, contact our team for further guidance. We have a diligent team to help resolve your printer problem on time.